|Mastodon, Mastodon/Seed Council
|Mastodon/Governance, Mastodon/Code of Conduct
|Mastodon/Seed Council, Jonny Saunders
Up to Mastodon
The process just after registration is opened on neuromatch.social where the new members collectively decide how they want the instance to run :)
- Mastodon/Governance: Decide how decisionmaking works!
- Mastodon/Code of Conduct: Decide the rules that govern behavior on the instance!
... what else???
During the first six weeks, from 2022-12-09 to 2023-01-20 (the ~bootstrapping period~) new members will register on the instance and go through Mastodon/Onboarding to make additional accounts on the Discord and Loomio.
The goal of the bootstrapping period are:
- Make Discussions and Proposals (see Mastodon/Governance) to make decisions about how the instance is to be run.
- Volunteer for and begin to coordinate Mastodon/Working Groups to maintain operation of the instance.
- Decide on how the instance is to be financed (see also: Mastodon/Financial WG).
During the Bootstrapping period:
- Decisions will be made using the process described in Mastodon/Governance - The governance process itself can be changed by a passing proposal as well.
- Documents that do not already exist can be created using the semantic property [[Approval Status::Provisional]], instead of needing to seek discussion and approval for making changes as might typically be required.
- Changes to existing documents should be discussed in the discord and can be edited more freely, but in the case of disagreement or controversy those changes should be brought to a more formal discussion and proposal process on Loomio
- All existing policies or other governance documents should be considered provisional until approved, and thus subject for editing. The only exception are the Mastodon/Bylaws which require a greater threshold of consensus in order to be changed.